As a Program Associate, you will be assisting in multiple schools on effective execution of the program to ensure, that it meets diverse learning needs of all students and that the school as a whole is inclusive for all. You will be working with cross-functional expertise across verticals and setting them accountable for effective implementation. You will be based in Ahmedabad
1. Developing self, teachers and students
- Develop and assist a team of teachers across schools through a variety of essential opportunities; classroom observations, feedback and aligned need-based learning experiences
- Model effective instructional strategies by teaching or co-teaching a lesson in a class
- Plan, execute effective peer-driven learning circles, grade level circles and share ongoing learning experiences, which allows teachers and students to connect and collaborate with each other
- Build teacher capacity to use a wide range of data (qualitative and quantitative) to analyze progress to goals, evaluate and increase the effectiveness
- Build a theme of inclusion around the school and community to support the fact that we can work with children with all abilities
- Setting periodic accountability measures for yourself and for teachers and classrooms - Document all plans and actions
2. Team Culture and Collaboration
- Collaborate with existing city support to advance the impact
- Contribute towards building a stronger work culture
- Believe in “One for all and all for one”
3. Other responsibilities
- Work with cross-functional teams like curriculum, communications,
and development in Samait Shala to ensure smooth operations and increase efficiency.
You will learn a lot in this role, however, some of the knowledge and skills you will already have are:
- Strong holdover Pedagogy – You have applied best practices in your classroom/organization for effective execution and reaching out to the needs of all the children
- Teamwork – because it makes the dream work
- Growth Mindset and integrity – You are willing to learn, adapt and adopt as per the needs of the schools. You are doing the right thing even when no one is looking.
- Working with technology – While technology can never replace a teacher, but having a belief that technology can help streamline things further, thereby making a better impact
- Relationship building – Strong belief that our work requires us to have meaningful relations with all our stakeholders – our children being in the center
- Effective Communication – Be transparent about anything and everything in the organization and share with a good intent
- Educational Background at par with Bachelors in Education, Psychology, Human resource or equivalent (preferred but not necessary)
- Prior experience in teaching (Pre-primary/primary/secondary) for at least 2 years in a school, preferably in a low-income community with a strong track record of building academics
- Prior experience working with teachers will be an advantage
- Knowledge of NCERT English and Math learning outcome is required
- Female Candidate Preferred
a) To be placed under probation for the initial 90 days.
b) Minimum commitment of 12 months required.
c) The role requires you to be available by April or May 2019.
INR 27500 under probation period. INR 32000 to 35000 on confirmation (based on experience)
Interested applicants, please send your Resume with two references with a Cover Letter outlining in detail how you exactly fit in this role to Kushal Dattani on email@example.com with a subject line “Application- Program Associate”. If you have any queries, please do get in touch with me on 9879409964